The Assessor-Recorder has the following responsibilities:
- Locate all taxable property in the County and identify the ownership.
- Establish a taxable value for all property subject to property taxation.
- List the value of all property on the assessment roll.
- Apply all legal exemptions.
- Maintain public records.
- Collect City revenues from the recording of legal documents.
- Conduct fair and efficient assessments.
- Improve Customer Services and Technology.
- Ensure equality in all assessments.
The Department is an important source of public information. We hope you enjoy browsing our Website and find it educational, informative and useful.
Read our Racial Equity Action Plan here (updated December 2020).