The Assessor-Recorder has the following basic responsibilities:
- Locate all taxable property in the County and identify the ownership.
- Establish a taxable value for all property subject to property taxation.
- List the value of all property on the assessment roll.
- Apply all legal exemptions.
- Maintain public records.
- Collect City revenues from the recording of legal documents.
- Conduct fair and efficient assessments.
- Improve Customer Services and Technology.
- Ensure equality in all assessments.